A big welcome to week 13 of #SharingtheBlogLove! I love running this linky with my lovely friend Laura at Dear Bear and Beany, and once again we were so pleased that so many of you joined us last week. I love that we’re managing to have new people join us each week so that we can keep introducing you to new blogs. And it’s amazing to see how generous so many of you are with your commenting as I go through all the posts – so much sharing the blog love going on!
We’ve had a week of illness over here – nothing serious, but Max and I have both had a bit of a bug, so we’ve been staying in, building sofa forts, and playing with the train set. We did venture out yesterday afternoon for an autumn walk but I think we were both pretty exhausted by the end of it!
But on with the linky! Please read on and find out what we’re all about, as we have a small change we’d like to let you know about this week …
What’s #SharingtheBlogLove all about?
If you are new to Sharing the Blog Love it is a weekly showcase of our favourite posts that have linked up. It’s a chance to introduce you to new blogs and to share the wonderful writing that exists in the blogging world.
As we’ve now reached our 13th week, Laura and I have been looking at better ways to generate traffic for our featured bloggers. We realise that a lot of this process can be trial and error, so we have decided that from this week we will be using StumbleUpon to share our featured posts. If you’re not familiar with StumbleUpon, it can be a wonderful and really effective way to drive additional traffic to your site. It would be really helpful if you could make sure that you have a StumbleUpon button enabled on your blog.
We will also be tweeting your featured posts more regularly, and we will retweet each other’s tweets too.
We really hope that these changes bring your posts a little more love.
As always we have a few rules that we’d like to put in place to ensure that everyone receives plenty of comments:
- Please link up one post, new or old, and add our badge to your post with the code below
- Please visit both the host posts and choose a featured post from each to comment on to give them some extra love – please note, we’d like you to comment on one of the featured posts, not just on our showcase post (although you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment as well!)
- Please comment on the post before yours
- Please use our hashtag #SharingtheBlogLove when you comment so that we all know where you’ve come from
- Tweet us your links at @hotpinkwellies and @dearbearandbean with the hashtag #SharingtheBlogLove and we will aim to retweet you all
- To be chosen as a featured post, you must use the badge and have commented on the minimum posts required
If you’d like to comment on more posts we would love that – we all know comments are what make the Linky world work after all! If you read something you like, why not give it a tweet and let everyone know?
We’ve designed a lovely badge which we’d love you to include on your posts – we like to think it’s a nice blend of our two blogs!
Thank you so much for joining us for #SharingtheBlogLove – we really hope that this linky brings your posts lots of love and we really hope you’ll join us again next week!