I feel like I’ve been saying this all week, but hasn’t this weather been just fabulous? The perfect autumn sunshine just gives that lovely warm glow to everything, but there’s enough of a chill in the air to warrant digging out your favourite winter scarf again and cosy up.
My 5 Happy Things is a fortnightly list of the small things that have brought me a little bit of joy – a way of being grateful for what I have, and to capture those little moments that can pass us by.
01. We’ve had a couple of days lately where Max has been a bit grumpy and not wanted to go out anywhere. He’s been a bit unsettled with moving rooms at nursery, so I’ve just gone along with his wish to stay home. But I decided one afternoon that we would build a den using all of our sofa cushions and a blanket to drape over the top. He absolutely loved it, and has been demanding that we play ‘house’ lots since!
02. I hit the magic 2000 followers on Instagram! It doesn’t seem that long ago that I was writing here that I’d hit the 1000 mark, so I’m so pleased to have increased my following so quickly. It’s a platform that I’ve put a lot of effort into improving my photos and my following, and it’s lovely to see it paying off. I love sharing what we’re up to with our daily photos, and I genuinely love the little community Instagram creates – I always check in on my favourites to see what they’ve been up to.
03. We had a lovely day out this week to Greys Court National Trust. We visited earlier this year when the wisteria was out, but it was lovely to see it at a totally different time of year. It was very much autumn, with the apples awaiting harvesting in the orchards, and lots of oranges and reds about. Oh, and the best bit for Max? The cafe, naturally.
04. Max has started to embrace ‘Mummy kiss it better’, but hilariously whenever I ask where it hurts, he always points and tells me ‘over there’! I love how literal toddlers are – not ‘where did it happen’ Max, where does it hurt right now! I’m amazed at the magic of kissing it better though, it works every time!
05. We had a wonderful day yesterday meeting up with Laura over at Dear Bear and Beany and her daughter Holly at Wellington Country Park. I have to admit that I always get slightly nervous about meeting friends with Max around, as I normally end up chasing him around rather than chatting, and he’s not always the best at playing nicely with other children. But he and Holly were great together and thoroughly loved chasing each other around. I even got to enjoy lots of chatting with Laura!
And finally, not really a happy thing that’s actually happened yet, but one I’m looking forward to! My parents offered to have Max overnight, so we are dropping him off for a sleepover at theirs on Saturday night while we head out for a lovely date night. We’ve not been out as a couple for months, so I’m really looking forward to some adult time together where we’re not collapsed on the sofa shattered!