It’s lovely to have the long weekend over Easter for getting some good quality family time together, but it does mean you come back down to earth with a bit of a bump, doesn’t it? This week has felt like a busy one.
01. We had a wonderful trip away last week to Bath, just me and my husband. We stayed at The Pig Near Bath, which I cannot recommend more highly – the food was outstanding, but the ambience and feel of the hotel were just lovely. We enjoyed the typical Bath tourist stuff – a trip to the Roman Baths, a visit to the Thermae Spa, and a mooch up to the Royal Crescent. It was so lovely to have the time to reconnect as a couple with some grown up time – a few cocktails were consumed!
02. It was Parents Evening at nursery this week which was the first I’ve had since Max started nearly a year ago. It was lovely to be able to speak with his key worker all about what he’s been up to, and she really reassured me about some of my concerns about his speech. Despite my Health Visitor feeling that Max is quite behind with his speech, nursery feel that he’s perfectly within the range of parameters at this stage.
03. We had a Bank Holiday trip out to West Wittering beach – we couldn’t have got luckier with the weather, it was a little bit cold at first, but warmed up quickly, and we enjoyed exploring the beach and then a hot chocolate in the Beach Cafe.
04. I’ve made some good progress in the garden this week. The hydrangeas have been deadheaded, the grass has had its first cut, and a few new plants have been planted up. We finished off the construction of our raised box and I got my onion sets planted out. Fingers crossed that we can harvest some onions come September!
05. I love that stocks are filling the florists now – I think they’re so pretty and delicate. I bought some last weekend in Waitrose and they’re looking pretty and brightening up our living room.
What was your Easter Weekend like? Did you manage to enjoy the good weather before the rain stormed in?