After a bit of a stressful week last week, this one has been very much on the up! If you read my previous post you’ll know we’ve had a few days away in lovely St Ives last weekend and got back on Tuesday feeling relaxed and refreshed. We had some lovely trips to various Cornwall tourist hotspots and it was lovely to have some time away together as a family.
Max adjusted really well to sleeping in a new place and in a new bed, and seemed to love the novelty of being ‘on holiday’! He loved the beach, and was really keen to explore everywhere – I’ve never seen him do so much walking! The only thing he didn’t like was the long journey home, where he cried for 3 hours of the 5 hour journey.
It’s been such a lovely week I’m spoiled for things to include here, but here are my highlights:
01. It was lovely to have my parents down in St Ives for the first night to take on a bit of babysitting and allow us to have a rare date night! We headed to the Porthminster Beach Cafe and had such a lovely meal, with grown up conversation – it was blissful. The view over the beach was pretty spectacular too!
02. This was the week where I unveiled the garden furniture! That’s definitely a sign that summer is not too far away. I chose the best day to do it too, as the next day I had a friend round for coffee and we actually sat outside to drink it – it was lovely!
03. We’ve been struggling to find much to watch on tv lately (with the exception of Masterchef which I love), so we’ve started re-watching Breaking Bad – I can’t believe we’ve not done this sooner! It’s just so gripping and so well executed, it’s great to go ‘back to the beginning’ as it were and make that journey all over again.
04. Max has been a little angel most of this week – such a joy to be around. I took him to our favourite softplay (I say favourite, what I mean is, least stressful) and he was great! It was really quiet, and for the first time he was brave enough to explore without me – ok, he still wanted to come back and grab my hand to lead me with him, but absolutely loved it, going down the slide by himself, and whizzing around so much that 3 separate people said to me ‘He’ll sleep well tonight!’ And the even better thing was – he did!
05. We paid a visit to The Lost Gardens of Heligan while in Cornwall – a place which has been on my wishlist for ages. It didn’t disappoint at all, and we saw the famous Mud Head, Mud Maid, and spent hours exploring all the various different gardens. I came away with some major greenhouse envy though! Expect a full blog post next week – I have lots of photos to sort through!
And the added bonus is that Monday is a Bank Holiday – a total surprise to me, I only found out yesterday! What a bonus!