It’s a really significant #SharingtheBlogLove this week, because I’m genuinely sad to be letting you know that this will be the last ever #SharingtheBlogLove.
Laura and I have been hosting our linky for 2 years, and it’s been wonderful to see how much people have loved joining in. We’ve loved discovering new blogs, and also seeing people link up week after week to share their favourite posts. It really has been a pleasure to read all of your posts and to give them all a bit of a boost, but we’re both finding the time commitment of running a linky increasingly difficult to keep up with and we both feel it’s time to take a step back.
Thank you so much to everyone who has joined us over the two years, whether you’re one of our regulars, or you’ve only just discovered us. I really hope you’ll make this last one a good one! We won’t host a linkup next week, but both Laura and I will write our Showcase posts as normal and we’d love if you could head over next week to see if you’ve been featured and to support the featured posts.
Laura and I have some really great reads for you all this week – do check out my showcase post, and Laura’s too. We hope you find something that appeals to you.
It’s lovely to see so many people joining us this year. If you’re new to #SharingtheBlogLove, please do have a read of the rules – we really want everyone to get a lot out of linking up, and to ensure that our featured posts really get the love they deserve.
What’s #SharingtheBlogLove all about?
If you are new to Sharing the Blog Love it is a weekly showcase of our favourite posts that have linked up. It’s a chance to introduce you to new blogs and to share the wonderful writing that exists in the blogging world.
Laura and I will also be using StumbleUpon to share our featured posts. If you’re not familiar with StumbleUpon, it can be a wonderful and really effective way to drive additional traffic to your site. It would be really helpful if you could make sure that you have a StumbleUpon button enabled on your blog (but not the end of the world if you can’t!).
We will also be tweeting your featured posts, and we will retweet each other’s tweets too.
As always we have a few rules that we’d like to put in place to ensure that everyone receives plenty of comments:
- Please link up one post, new or old, and add our badge to your post with the code below
- Please visit both the host posts and choose a featured post from each to comment on to give them some extra love – please note, we’d like you to comment on one of the featured posts, not just on our showcase post (although you’re more than welcome to leave us a comment as well!)
- Please comment on the post before yours
- Please use our hashtag #SharingtheBlogLove when you comment so that we all know where you’ve come from
- Tweet us your links at @hotpinkwellies and @dearbearandbean with the hashtag #SharingtheBlogLove and we will aim to retweet you all
- To be chosen as a featured post, you must use the badge and have commented on the minimum posts required
- Please do not link up another linky post
- Once you’ve linked up, we will add you to our email reminder list. We promise no spam!
If you’d like to comment on more posts we would love that – we all know comments are what make the Linky world work after all! If you read something you like, why not give it a tweet and let everyone know?
We’ve designed a lovely badge which we’d love you to include on your posts – we like to think it’s a nice blend of our two blogs!
Thank you so much for joining us for #SharingtheBlogLove – we really hope that this linky brings your posts lots of love!